Saturday, November 25, 2023

Families . . . Grrrrrr

 I've been meditating for 35 years and I suck at it.  There's a lot of noise in my head and the voices are insistent.  It's not even that they're malignant voices any more, just insistent ones.  Look here, look there, how about this, what about that!  Brains are made for thinking and they're going to get their two cents in.  And get busy!  Be productive!  Do something, do anything!

More about the holidays . . .  The holidays are often overrated and frequently inconvenient and usually a pain in the ass.  SuperK's family members are psychotic to a person and my family is nice to your face while simultaneously making you feel bad about yourself.  Her family is a sledgehammer and mine is a scalpel.  Neither is particularly pleasant.  None of these people are evil, malignant presences but they're not that great to hang out with, either.  I realize there are some really awful families and that there are some really wonderful families and all levels in-between; but I also think there are plenty of families like ours.  Not that bad and not that great but how about you just leave me alone?  That kind of dynamic.



No comments: