Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Remember!

Remember: That light at the end of the tunnel might be the locomotive steaming right at you.

"We need to accept the difficulties and disciplines of life so as to fully share the common life of other people.  Many things that we must accept in life are not to be taken so much as being necessary for us personally, as to be experienced in order that we may share in the suffering and problems of humanity.  We need sympathy and understanding.  We must share many of the experiences of life, in order to understand and sympathize with others.  Unless we have been through the same experiences, we cannot understand other people or their makeup well enough to be able to help them."

Remember: Your sole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning for others.

Ah, nuts to that.  I hate the idea that going through painful or difficult circumstances is in my best interest because it is fitting me to be of maximum service to others which is - after all - the whole idea behind a life of service.  My first sponsor drove this great big Cadillac while I was trying to start a Plymouth Belvedere station wagon that my grandpa gave me.

"It has been proved in countless lives that for every day I live, the necessary power shall be given me.  I must face each challenge that comes to me during the day, sure that God will give me the strength to face it.  For every task that is given me, there is also given me all the power necessary for the performance of that task."

Remember: It's always darkest right before it goes totally black.

No comments: