Thursday, September 9, 2021

EZ Does It

Live and Let Live

"This, of course, means tolerance of people who think differently than we do, whether they are in A.A. or outside of A.A.  We cannot afford the luxury of being intolerant or critical of other people  We do not try to impose our wills on those who differ from us.  We are not 'holier than thou.'  We do not have all the answers.  We are not better than other good people.  We live the best way we can and we allow others to do likewise."

I am better than everyone.  Everyone needs to hear what I think about everything because I have some great advice how you can do everything better.  I DO have all the answers.   I don't even need the questions.  Tolerance?  Yuck.  Intolerance?  Hooray!  Criticism?  Let's get started!

Easy Does It

"This means that we just go along in A.A. doing the best we can and not getting steamed up over problems that arise in A.A. or outside of it.  We alcoholics are emotional people and we have gone to excess in almost everything we have done.  We have not been moderate in many things.  We are not running the world.  I am only one among many."

"I pray that I may go each day to God as a refuge until fear goes and peace and security come."  (Ed. Note:  As an English minor I have to say this should be "I pray that I may go to God each day . . . "  Just sayin'.)

Italicized quotes are always from the Hazelden book "Twenty-Four Hours a Day."

No comments: