Sunday, August 22, 2021

Tale of Woe

"You can make use of your mistakes, failures, losses, and sufferings.  It is not what happens to you so much as what use you make of it.  Take your sufferings, difficulties, and hardships and make use of them to help some unfortunate soul who is faced with the same troubles.  Then something good will come out of your suffering and the world will be a better place because of it.  The good you do each day will live on, after the trouble and distress have gone, after the difficulty and the pain have passed away."

And the information bludgeoning continues . . . 

The payback for me chortling at my atheist friend and the onslaught of religious/spiritual messages he's enduring right now has - I believe - led to a personal onslaught of messages for me that are emphasizing the message of "There are no good things and there are no bad things - there are just things."  I actually take a lot of comfort in this thinking . . . that things can be painful and pleasant is easily discernible but the important nuance and often frustrating message is that I simply do not know how the outcomes of these painful and pleasant things are going to change me.  I feel like such an ass when someone is telling me a tale of woe (Ed. Note:  Tale of Woe would be an excellent name for a Finnish Slash Metal band) and all I have is "Wow, you're really going to be able to help someone someday."  The other super annoying (Ed. Note: In SoCal people like to add "super" to everything - this coffee is Super Good.  It's very annoying.) bit of advice is "Boy, you're really taking a lot of good action."  Fuck action - I want results - favorable results.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

No comments: