Thursday, August 26, 2021

Lurking Seaweed

Lurk:  To remain concealed in order to ambush.  (Ed. Note:  I love this definition!  Lurking thoughts of drinking alcohol.  Outstanding.)

"None of us like to think that we are bodily and mentally different from others.  This delusion that we are like other people has to be smashed.  If we have admitted we are alcoholics, we must have no reservations of any kind, nor any lurking notion that some day we will be immune to alcohol.  What sort of thinking dominates an alcoholic who repeats time after time the desperate experiment of the first drink?  Parallel with sound reasoning, there inevitably runs some insanely trivial excuse for taking the first drink.  There is little thought of what the terrific consequences may be."

The topic of today's Zoom meeting was how to tell the difference between God's will and my will.  I didn't know there was a difference.  I thought if I wanted it then God would naturally fall into line with my wishes.  Apparently not.

No comments: