Friday, December 4, 2020

Problems of My Own Making

 Problem:  A difficulty that has to be resolved or dealt with.

I personally believe I encounter three kinds of problems.

1.  Problems of my own making.  (This is a huge category.)

2. Problems that are common to everyone such as an illness or a death of a loved one.  (This is a big category.  Not as big as #1 but still big.)

3.  Problems of an unfair nature; to wit: getting screwed, fucked over, or otherwise treated poorly.  (This category is small.  Vanishingly small.  It's a faint afterimage seen at the extremes of your peripheral vision.  It's so small as to be statistically unmeasurable.  A mathematician would discount its validity outright.)

Here's the funny thing: in my mind category 3 is monstrous, gargantuan, Godzilla-like in size.  To everyone else's it's not even a category it's so small.

Perspective, baby.

No comments: