Saturday, December 26, 2020

Podge

Meditation is not about stopping my thinking - it's about letting my thinking flow by without judging it or trying to control it.

Wear the world like a loose garment.

Love people for who they are and not who you want them to be.

"Thy will (not mine) be done.  We can exercise our willpower along this line all we wish.  It is the proper use of the will."

Proper:  Suitable.  (Ed. Note: That is a sucky definition.)

Prayer - how about just trying to send good thoughts someone's way?  This leaves the outcome in God's hands.  You don't have to worry about what the prayer should entail.

The last few years of my drinking saw me use three different routes home from my job.  That way I could stop at three different liquor stores.  God forbid anyone find out that I drink too much.  I was actually worried that liquor store owners would be judging my drinking.  I should have spent more time worrying about what my family and my employers and the cops and my doctor thought about my drinking. 

No comments: