Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Things I Don't Like Doing

There's a lot of truth to the idea that relationships formed over long periods of time are like battleships.  It's awfully hard to turn them around on a dime.

Part of my angst with this trip is that I can't shake the idea that it's a chore.  It's not joyless, exactly, but it's a long way from joyful.  This isn't unusual for a trip like this and it doesn't make me a bad guy but it causes guilt to seep to the surface like some poisonous fracking byproduct.  

As a general rule I don't miss my folks all that much and I sure don't enjoy having the short time I spend with them be of an onerous nature.  Almost everything we do is like slogging through thick mud.  There is a lack of speed and ease.

I'm not very patient.  I don't like doing things I don't like doing.

No comments: