Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fun in the Air

The second leg of my flight to The Old City was delayed by weather, if by "weather" you mean "we're saying weather because then we don't have to pay for a hotel or comp you for any inconvenience this may cause you."  The 3 hour delay was irritating in and of itself.  The 3 hour delay put me at my final destination 2 hours after my rental car counter agency closed for the night which turbocharged the irritation.  

SuperK suggested that I go to the service counter of the offending airline if by "service" you mean "get the %$!! away from me."  Reluctantly and with little hope I did so.  I'm not so good when I'm in the mood to be pissed.

"That's rough," the lady said, making a sympathetic looking face.  My options were to try to find a hotel with a shuttle at 3 in the morning for less than the cost of 8 ounces of gold bullion or take a taxi to my sister's house, incurring a cost nearly as large as renting a car for an entire week or asking my sister to come pick me up.  She offered to do anything to help - Anything! -short of coming to pick me up, which was the help that I needed.

It's only help if you're doing something that someone wants done.

I called a buddy in The Program.  He drove through the pouring rain to pick me up at 3AM then drove me out to my sister's house.  He packed a bag of food for me.

This Program.  Where else you gonna find friends like that?

No comments: