Thursday, January 9, 2014

Richard

Dick:  A highly contemptible person.  (Ed. Note: Hats Off! to Wikipedia on this one - I was totally prepared to make up my own definition, and credit it to American Heritage but the Wiki folks hit a solid double off the center field fence).

I've noticed that when you're going through something difficult that I handle it fine.  My advice is solid.  My perspective unquestioned.  By me, anyway.  You may be questioning it for all I know but that's grist for a different mill, whatever that means.

The dickish part comes when I compare how I think you should deal with your difficulty as compared to how I should deal with a nearly identical difficulty.  Your difficulty is no big deal while my nearly identical difficulty is a Huge Deal!  You should quit complaining and get over it already while I complain and complain and complain.

And complain.

No comments: