Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Camera. Lights! Action!!

Action:  Something done so as to accomplish a purpose.
Purpose:  An object to be reached; a target; an aim; a goal; a result that is desired.

Sometimes I get stuck with my writing.  It's such a good thing for me to do for myself.  Writing  or talking with someone else about what I have going on in my life are actions that help me gain perspective.  I'm a big fan of prayer and meditation but that stuff seems so mental, so internal, and mental and internal are not always in my best interest. Thoughts organize themselves when I'm putting pen to paper and the similarities of my friends' experiences astounds me.  

I have really, really, really been trying to control the circumstances of my rapidly approaching trip home.  I'm really trying to get people to line up in a straight line and do my bidding.  This is fraught with difficulties when the people I'm trying to control are right in front of me - it's quite the party trick when they're 2500 miles away.

That being said it's a long trip, in the middle of the winter, and I want to make sure that my family understands this.  I need to give up the controlling-the-world part while maintaining the I'm-not-doing-this-for-the-hell-of-it part.  I'm coming back to do something.  I'm not coming back because I want to come back.  I'm coming back to help out or something or something else.

Right?  Isn't that right?

No comments: