Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Waste of Time

Different:  Not the same; distinct; separate.

Sometimes I feel different than everyone else.  

Most of the time I feel different than everyone else.  

I always feel different than everyone else.

Did you pick up on that nice little progression of insane thinking?  This is why I have to hang around with You People.  You People think you're different than everyone else, too.  And You People are under the impression that People Like Me are thinking about you.  Well, we're not.  We're thinking about ourselves.  Your very existence barely registers in our consciousnesses and when it does it's usually in the form of irritation or anger of some sort.  So the lesson here - an admittedly bad one - is Get Out of My Way.  Unless of course you have something that I want at which point you can Get In My Way.  It's not always going to be easy figuring out which of the two I want, either.  This is why most people Go Somewhere Else.

I believe that I was trying to make a point about what a waste of time it is to think that I'm different from everyone else but decided to waste some time riffing on how little I think about anyone else.  Unfortunately, this is a well fleshed out topic and consequently not worth wasting any of your time on.  I probably should have made that point earlier seeing as you've already read this far, wasting some more of your valuable time.  I'm sure I was thinking about myself.  I'm always thinking about myself.  It's what I do.

Being an alcoholic I like to think that everything I experience is due to my alcoholism.  This type of self-centered crap is typical of my alcoholic thinking.  While I believe that my disease colors many things it doesn't separate me from the human race.  This morning I feel a little anxious so I immediately scream: "Alcoholism!!"  When I was drinking I used this reasoning to separate myself from the world so that I could drink at it.

Anxiety:  When the brain overrides the body's desire to choke the shit out of some asshole who desperately needs it.  (Ed. Note: Mr. Webster, who has kindly supplied most of my definitions, disavows all knowledge of this one).

There's a point in here somewhere.


No comments: