Monday, September 3, 2012

Step10 . . . errr . . . Step 11.

Perseverance:  Continuing to do something in spite of difficulties, obstacles, etc.; steadfastness in purpose; persistence.

The topic for today's meeting was the 10th Step, one of the maintenance Steps, the one that deals with the ongoing, daily inventory.  The keyword normally associated with Step 10 is perseverance: The Slog, The Trudge, the steady, steely march toward some semblance of normalcy.  

Personally, I don't pay much attention to Step 10.  I figure that it must be a Step helpful to those of you who continue to make mistakes.  i concentrate most of my time on the Steps that emphasize perfection.  This is Step What Planet Do You Live On, Anyway?  I believe it is found around Step 12 Million or so, give a take the odd hundred thousand.  It takes a lot of  time and effort to get so far into recovery but I'm the guy who can definitely pretend that he's considered doing it.

Thank god there are only 12 of them, plus the 13th Step which is how come there's a SuperK in my life.  That was a great step.

Ironically, the guy read out of Step 11.  I don't really care as long as he read out of the damn book.

No comments: