Monday, July 12, 2010

The Numbers Guy

I'm kind of the numbers guy in my marriage.


"I almost majored in math," I told SuperK.

"Why didn't you? she asked.
"I wasn't very good at it," I replied. "And I didn't like it very much."

Before we bought the house that we live in now -- the one we are trying to sell for no understandable reason -- I crunched The Numbers and assured my wife that it was a transaction that made sense, in a numbers kind of way.

Later, when I was asking myself what the hell I could have been thinking when I came up with this ill-conceived, hare-brained scheme, giving up a perfectly good house to buy another one -- and I apologize to any hares reading this; some of my best friends are hares -- I spoke to SuperK about it.

"How could you let me do that?" I asked.

"You were so confident," she said. "You really seemed to know what you were doing. I just went along with it."


She just went along with it.


I'm not sure this is going to work out in the long run.

No comments: