Friday, July 23, 2010

Grat ... choke . . . grate ... gasp ... Grateful!

Grateful:  Feeling or expressing gratitude; thankful; appreciative.

I think that I have been drifting into the Ungrateful Zone recently.  Trust me, it's not my first time there.  I am very familiar with this Zone.  I have visited it many, many times.  Apparently, it's easier to be ungrateful than the other way around.  I can't even say the word that deals with the other side of ungrateful. 

It's not that I get furiously ungrateful anymore, or all the time, I guess I should say.  I get mildly discontented.  I start noticing what I don't have (stuff) or what I do have (ahem) or what I haven't been getting to do or . . . you get the picture.  When I'm in this zone you could give me a Porsche and I'd wonder what happened to the Ferrari.  "Sure, a shitty old German super car," I'd grouse.

Where's that narrow path again?

No comments: