Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More SuperK

I was working in my home office this morning when SuperK walked in and said: "I want a divorce."

"OK," I said, not looking up. I peeked out of the corner of my eye and saw that she was still there. "Right now?" I asked. "I'm kind of busy."

"Yes," she said, somewhat vaguely.

"Any particular reason this time?" I wondered.

"No, not really," she replied. "Same old stuff, I guess."

"Well," I said. "We've talked before about whether you would want to get married again and, if so, the dating. Remember? Putting on make-up, pretending that you're interested in someone else, all that?"

She thought for a moment. "God, you're right. That sounds awful."

"What about the cat?" I asked. "I'm willing to let you walk but I'm not giving up the cat."

"That's fair, " she said. "The cat likes you better."

No comments: