Friday, March 21, 2008

The Fix-It Man

I'm Horse Face Steve, and I'm a human male. The evidence is incontrovertible, although my wife points out that my feminine side is pretty highly developed and I do drift into sub-human behavior on a daily basis. I try not to frequent the ladies' section of department stores anymore -- I'm a little too close to trying on an evening gown and a pair of panty hose. I have a sneaky suspicion that I would look better strapping on six inch stilettos than lacing up a pair of hunting boots.

Men fix things. We take action. When there is a problem or sticky situation, we try to figure out what we can do to find a solution. We have to do something, even if what we do usually makes the situation worse. We can't just sit and let things work out on their own accord. We can't accept the fact that we don't have the tools or authority to change every single situation. We're problem solvers even when we are faced with a problem that has no solution.

This is why women don't tell us their problems very often -- they don't want us to get involved and make things worse, which we usually do.



No comments: