Saturday, April 24, 2021

Seaweed: Great Thinker

Think: To communicate to oneself in one's own mind.  (Ed. Note: Pardon my language this morning but that's fucking priceless.  Talking to myself in my own head.  Boy, that sounds productive . . . )

I'm a great thinker.  I think and think and think.  I also talk to myself all of the time which is just a souped-up version of thinking.

You can't think your way into good acting - you have to act your way into good thinking.

If you're having trouble putting this concept into practical use here's a few examples that might by helpful: "I think that guy's an idiot."  See how easy that is?  How about: "I think I'm going to eat that entire bag of cookies" or maybe "I think I'll tell my boss what an idiot he is."  Another couple of excellent examples that you should feel free to use.

I was belaboring some stupid problem to my sponsor early on when he interrupted me to say: "Why don't you just go home and scrub down your kitchen walls?"  He was clearly tired of me thinking and then telling him in great detail what I had been thinking about.  He was ready for me to do something.

No comments: