Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Pshaw

 I heard a new dude share at a meeting this morning that he had a really good life right after mentioning that he tried to commit suicide a number of times over a multiple day period before he got sober.  You cannot make this stuff up.  No one interrupted him or criticized his share but I think he's still got some baggage to unpack.  I'm not sure he's got things figured out yet.  I'm not sure he knows what we're trying to get accomplished.  He's got a ways to go.

"When trouble comes, do not say: 'Why should this happen to me?'  Leave yourself out of the picture.  Think of other people and their troubles and you will forget about your own.  After a while, it will not matter so much what happens to you.  It is not so important any more, except as your experience can be used to help others who are in the same kind of trouble."

Well, I'm calling Bullshit on the idea that what happens to me doesn't matter, that I'm not so important.  That is total crap.  When something unpleasant happens to me or I'm denied something I want I say: "Why me?  Why me!?" all the time, and feel very comfortable doing so.  The idea that I would spend any of my valuable time - time dedicated to thinking about myself - thinking of someone else is laughable and generally amusing to the point of raw absurdity.  

Pshaw on that.

No comments: