Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Sometimes Quickly, Sometimes Slowly

 From my Daily Meditation Book:

"You can become a channel for God's spirit to flow through you and into the lives of others.  Let your spirit be in harmony with God's spirit and there is no limit to what you can do in the realm of human relationships."

I like this idea that I can be of service to other people by allowing the spirit of my Higher Power to move through me - from the ethereal plane to the material one - and into the lives of the others.  It gives me a feeling that the presence of a Higher Power in my life can benefit others by changing me for the better.  This seems more in the spirit of service and giving than just taking this presence and improving my own circumstances.

" If you look back over God's guidance, you will see that his leading has been very gradual . . . "  

In A.A. - speak we say" sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly."  I went to a men's meeting once where the group chanted this addendum: "Sometimes real fucking slowly."  The message is that it's best to slow down.  Time takes time.  The Big Book reminds us that "A whole lifetime geared to self-centeredness cannot be set in reverse all at once."  Your path is there even if you can't see it at the moment.  Step forward into your day - steadily, slowly - and you'll gradually begin to see what you need to do.

No comments: