Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Today I'm Going To . . .

Perspective:  To think about a situation or problem in a wise and reasonable way.

Today I'm going to search for perspective.  I'm going to continue a lifelong practice of moving out of my head and looking at things - especially upsetting things - from a distance.  The closer I get the less I see.  Very few things are forever and very few things never change.

Long:  Having great duration.

Today I'm going to take the long view.  I'm going to remember that whatever's happening today is almost certainly not going to be important in my future.  Probably won't be important tomorrow.  I'm not even going to talk about how unimportant it will be in a year or five years or ten years, if I'm still alive.  Weirdly enough I'm going to do this while practicing the time honored tradition of One Day At A Time.

Balance:  Mental equilibrium; mental health; calmness, a state of remaining clear-headed and unperturbed. 

Today I'm going to consider how important balance is in my life.  It's not as bad as I imagine and it's not as good as I imagine.  It's somewhere in between.  The outcomes I project rarely come true.  The outcomes are almost somewhere in the middle.  Get in the middle!

No comments: