Saturday, January 6, 2018

Thinking Man

I've got a friend who's visiting the area for a couple of weeks.  Dude cracks me up.  Dude is so like me with his belief in his own World Manipulation skills.  I have this habit of blowing into town with my address book and my cell phone and my PC and my impossibly large list of events to attend and sites to see and experiences to experience, and then I start to wheel and deal.  As a general rule I couldn't get everything on my list completed if the time I had to accomplish them was increased by a factor of three or four.  I'm not even going to pretend that twice as much time would be sufficient.  I'm so overextended it's not even plausible.  It's Fake Seaweed is what it is.

I believe that every action we take satisfies some need or drive that we have.  I believe that this is the case even when we are doing things that are clearly not in our best interests.  For some reason I dig feeling frustrated that I rarely get everything done.  Intellectually I know I'm doing this but I do it anyway.  I've got shit on my To Do List that has been on there forever.  You'd think that at some point I'd say "not going to happen."  

You would think.

No comments: