Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Problem Seaweed

Solution:  An act, plan, or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.

I have scaled back my therapist activity to once a month.  I'm struggling a bit to hork up anything to talk about but have decided that a regular visit is probably in my best interest.  It's like The Program that way - if I didn't go to a meeting today I'm confident that it wouldn't have led to a relapse, but I know that sanity maintenance requires some time and effort.  I don't know what happens when I change the oil in my car.  I don't know where the oil goes or what it does.  I do it anyway.  Sometimes a tidbit will be unearthed as the conversation meanders this way and that.  Plus, I like paying for pretty obvious advice that I normally get for free in The Program.

Yesterday I was musing about my tendency to bemoan something left undone at the end of each day.  I'm a problem guy.  I can spot a problem at a hundred paces, at night, in a sandstorm, wearing a blindfold.  Just to be clear - I'm wearing the blindfold, not the sandstorm.  This tendency includes undone tasks du jour and old, familiar tasks of long-standing.  Someone should point out that if you haven't done it yet maybe you're never going to do it.  My therapist made this comment yesterday: "So you didn't do that.  So what?"

Ah, solution shit.  I forget about that stuff.

"We have been talking about problems because we are problem people who have found a way up and out, and who wish to share our knowledge of that way with all who can use it."

No comments: