Saturday, September 24, 2016

Wayne Pebber

You know, I had made a vow to not permit the words Big Financial Institution ever grace my electronic writing again.  That lasted about zero days.  Most of the time I lead a fairly mundane, calm existence.  I'm afraid once this all wraps up I'm going to fall into a horrible depression.  I'm going to have to go out and actively look for shit to be upset about because these people have set the bar high.

As an aside, one of the less irritating but still very irritating institutions - let's call them UBS Wayne Pebber, which would be an excellent name for a pro golfer - whose Estate Team was going to call me back in three to four business days did, after accepting my call after six business days, sort of seem to be in the process of wrapping things up.  One of their tasks would be completed by the end of the business day and the proceeds would be deposited in my account by no later than three additional business days; the other would be completed in three business days and the check would be mailed and would arrive at my address by the end of the next calendar week.  I'm sure that guy was just fucking making those dates up.  

Someone overheard him and said Really?  He said I have no idea when this is going to get done. He didn't realize he hadn't muted the phone and that I could hear everything he was saying.

Okay, I made that part up.

No comments: