Saturday, February 7, 2015

Safe and Secure

All of our hotels provided small safes for our valuables.  At our last place I found the safe and gave it a test run with no valuables inside - the last thing I wanted to do was lock up all of my best shit and then find out I couldn't get it back out again.  Although this would have been par for the course for me I was on thin ice with SuperK already.

Everything went well so I put in our passports and locked the thing up.  I did notice, however, that the safe seemed to shift ever so slightly.  I gave it a shove and it moved a lot.  I reached in and picked the whole goddam thing up - it was surprisingly light - and simply walked out the door with it.  The weight got a little tiring at the end of our 6 hour tour but at least I had the peace of mind in knowing that our stuff was safe and secure.

Ever so briefly I thought that I'd mention this to the hotel staff.

Naw.

No comments: