Saturday, April 19, 2014

Thomas Fowell Buxton

I can feel my brain trying to force everything into a recognizable format.  It's trying to make sense of the all of the newness.  It obviously doesn't like it that much.  It wants to be running the show.  Generally speaking, this is not in my best interest because it does such a shitty job of it most of the time.  It sure thinks that it's got it all going on.  It's got something going on, alright, just not it.

There's comfort in control of the routine - getting up at the same time, eating familiar things that agree with me, regular meetings, regular exercise, where the goddam grocery store is. . . 

I have a little trip notebook whose cover is emblazoned with this quote from someone called Thomas Fowell Buxton: "With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance all things are attainable."  There's a picture of who I believe is Gale Sayers, one of the greatest running backs in NFL history, trying to blow by some member of the Cleveland Browns.

An OK quote with a bad graphic.

I get mad at god all of the time.  A priest once told me: "That's OK - god can handle it.  God has big shoulders."

95% of SuperK is better than 82% of all other women most of the time.  This is what passes for a compliment in the Seaweed family, or a smack.  

One or the other, I'm not sure which.

No comments: