Saturday, April 12, 2014

A GREAT Definition of Time

Time:  The inevitable progression into the future with the passing of present events into the past.  

Everything seems so consequential when I'm traveling.  I guess I'm out of my element.

I learned a new word in Spain recently: cerrajero.  Roughly translated as he who can open locked doors.

Time is very definitely being screwed with.  It is a weird concept - the 5th dimension.  Why is it that eleven hours in coach lasts forever while a pleasant couple of hours dozing in the sun goes by in the blink of an eye.  Perception is a peculiarity.

Talk about powerlessness.  Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch.  There is nothing that is familiar - not going to a pharmacy or a grocery store, using a taxi, reading signs, using a washing machine.  It's all new.  It's all kind of work.

I was served coffee today at a lovely restaurant in a sunny square guarded with an old church standing guard by a man with long hair, in a skirt.  He had a nice off-the-shoulder top on,.  It was a large Catholic church.  He was nice - not very nice but pretty nice.

No comments: