Monday, April 21, 2014

Anyone Here From Out of Town?

The Fellowship doesn't have a big presence in France.  When I was home in Vacation City I tried to find English-speaking meetings to attend during our stay.  I was so astoundingly unsuccessful that I widened my search to include any meetings with roughly the same results, and I was on the French program website.  

So SuperK and I have been having our own mini-meetings - half an hour of reading from our literature and chatting.  We're always visitors from out of town.

Anyway, this popped up yesterday: ". . . we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives."  I really like the idea of asking god for help with my thinking.  I'm better at asking for help in behaving well.  This is probably more important but it doesn't help much with worry.

The selection continues: "When I put God in charge of my thinking, much needless worry is eliminated and I believe He guides me throughout the day."

Help me think good thoughts.

No comments: