Thursday, June 27, 2013

Whimsical God

Whimsy:  A quaint and fanciful idea; a whim; playfully odd behavior.

Everything goes smoothly until it doesn't.

God should make a better effort at giving me exactly what I want.  God should be by the phone in case I call and if I say I'm going to call and I don't, God should be cool with that.  My needs are very specific and I articulate them clearly - this is why it's so frustrating when God doesn't fill them.  It's not like I'm being vague, for chrissake.  I'd be happy to write the demands down on a piece of paper if that would be helpful.  Sometimes I think God isn't very smart.

Because SuperK and I sold our condo without first securing a place to move to, I had to head in the direction of my new home.  I split the drive from The New City to Vacation Town into two segments: Day One was through the rain and the mountains so I planned on 7 hours and 15 minutes; Day Two was a straight shot through the flatlands so I was clocked in at about 8 hours.  I made it exactly 7 hours into Day One before there was a total stoppage of traffic on the speedway.  I turned off the engine and leaned my seat back, and sat there for 3 hours.  It was pouring so I couldn't even get out of the car and walk around.  I could have walked to the hotel in this time.  I briefly considered abandoning my car.  This did not please me but I was still nice to the hotel staff when I did arrive.

On Day Two I did not flatten a tire or have to stop my car for 3 hours.  

Day Three is a whole another matter.



No comments: