Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stressors

Stress:  The internal distribution of force per unit area (pressure) within a body reacting to applied forces which causes strain or deformation.

What?

Stress:  Emotional pressure suffered by a human being or other animal.

Oh.

As I've been wallowing slowly through this whole process I've had to remind myself that I'm still a human animal - I'm near godlike status to be sure - and I'm still subject to human animal responses.  I can get better at managing my outsized, oversized, over-exaggerated reactions to stressors but I can't make them go away.  I'm still a human dude despite all of the buzz to the contrary.

Seaweed!  Seaweed!  Seaweed!

I believe that I still have every single defect that I had when I started my recovery; it's just that they're mostly often caged up.  There's no lock on the cage - there's no door on the cage - there's no bars on the cage - really, it's more like a piece of cardboard lying on the ground, so the defects can definitely get out and rumble around if they want.

No comments: