Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Soapbox Seaweed

Service:  Helpful, beneficial, or friendly action or conduct; act giving assistance or advantage to another.

I continue to ask my HP for the wisdom and serenity to help me be of service to my fellow man to the best of my ability.  I continue to have almost no clue as to what this means.  I see that the very natural, very normal egocentricity that all men and women have, and that I have in glorious, spectacular, transcendent excess (as demonstrated by my use of way too many flowery adjectives), is going to fight a bloody war with my attempts to develop a spiritual life.  I care about me and you can go sit in the dirt for all I care.

It is NOT good service to try to convince people to do things that you think they should do.  This is grade school bullying.  This is delusional thinking from a guy who doesn't know where he left the glass of water that he got for himself 3 minutes a go.  This is not the guy you want directing your life.  This is the guy that needs a nanny to get him off the soapbox that he is standing on.  He should not be on the soapbox.  He might fall off.  He should be under the soapbox listening to someone who knows what they're talking about; a emotionally unbalanced doomsday preacher spouting apocalyptic bullshit would have a better plan for your life than I would.

That being said, let me make a few suggestions as to how your day would go better . . . 

No comments: