Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We Think So

We read the section today from The Book that suggests that most of our troubles are of our own making.  The text says: "we think."  Yeah, we think that most of our troubles are of our own making, all right.  I'm on board with this opinion.  I've absorbed this lesson into my life.  I ignore it most of the time but I see the beauty in the concept.  I have found the enemy and he is me.  When someone asks me how I'm doing I invariably reply: "Trying to stay out of my own way."  Look out, here I come! 


I used to believe - and often behave today as if I still do - that most of my troubles were of your own making, and I'm definitely referencing a large, shadowy, vaguely menacing "you."  I want to be sure that I include as many people, organizations, and institutions in that Hall of Blame as possible.  I don't want to take responsibility for anything, unless it's good, of course.


I wonder how Evil Entitled Parking Lady is doing today.  I have half a mind to break into the parking garage and park in her roomy pre-assigned spot.  Maybe that would distract her from oncoming traffic.


Now, now.





No comments: