Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Will! Whatever That Is!!

Will:  Denotes the power of choice and deliberate action or the intention resulting from the exercise of this power (freedom of the will, "Thy will be done.")


I really like the fire analogy when it comes to describing my life.  Fire can be good and fire can be bad.  Here I am, a dude trying to move though life as best as I can, and some power comes along and gives me a little container of fire.  I'm not saying who this power is because it isn't clear to me.  I'm not sure what the fire represents, either.  Maybe my life force or better yet, my LIFE FORCE!!  Maybe it's my will, whatever that is.


Anyway, the power suggests some uses for the fire, which I ignore.  Instead, on day one, I get up and spread gasoline all over my house and burn it down.  I don't bother to formulate an escape plan so I get pretty burned up, too.  Not killed, just disfigured and the injuries are painful.  But Wait!  That's not all!  I take my box of fire and I visit my family members and try to burn their houses down, too.  Then I burn some friend's houses before going downtown to try to burn up the police station and the court house and whatever retail or commercial institutions are currently annoying me.


I have quite a day. I sleep like a baby with all of the running around to burn things up and all of the medications I have to take because of the 3rd degree burns on my face and hands.  I vaguely remember some of the suggestions the power made as to appropriate uses of the fire and warnings as to what could go wrong if the power is misapplied.


Today I wake up and go get my little box of fire.  I ignite the pilot light on my furnace and heat the house up a little.  I cook some oatmeal for breakfast with my fire after lighting some candles so I can see what I'm doing.  I often burn half the curtains off the kitchen window or singe the wallpaper.  I forget what I'm doing and stick my hand into the oatmeal water as it heats up, impatient that it's taking so long.  But I don't try to burn down the world.  Then, believe it or not, I start taking the fire next door and helping my neighbor out.  Not everyone has a nice box of fire like me so I can do some good with it.


An appropriate use of the fire.



No comments: