Monday, May 28, 2012

Hypocrite in Action

Hypocrite:  A person who pretends to be what he is not; one who pretends to be better than he really is, or pious, virtuous, etc, without really being so.


The tighter I grip things the more control they have over me.  I have quite a grip.  In fact, I have a GI Joe Kung Fu grip.  I can crush rocks with my grip.  I can turn coal into diamonds.  I can . . . OK, you get the point.  And unfortunately, I'm only talking about a mental grip.  I can't even open a jar of garlic stuffed green olives without enlisting SuperK's help.


"Help!" I have to yell.


I gave a buck to a street guy this morning on my way to purchase a $3 cup of overpriced specialty coffee.  The same cup of coffee at home would have cost me approximately nothing.  I don't know why that simple act of generosity - so small that is almost doesn't even qualify as generosity - is so difficult for me to make.  And coming on the heels of my harangue about people at my home group being a little careful with their money. 


There is nothing like a hypocrite in action.

No comments: