Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gladly Rendered

Prominent:  Widely and favorably known.


And then there's this: "Not many of us can be leaders of prominence, nor do we wish to be.  Service, gladly rendered, obligations squarely met, troubles well accepted or solved with god's help, the knowledge that at home or in the world outside we are partners in a common effort . . . "


Boy, I'm not sure who Bill is talking about but it sure isn't me.  I DESIRE to be a leader of prominence.  I DESIRE to be on the top of the heap with the sharp, bright light of notoriety focused directly on me.  I want reporters and archivists taking note of everything I say and saving it for posterity.  I have no interest in rendering or squarely meeting anything and I have even less interest in doing it gladly or well-accepted-ly or being part of anything!  


Unless it directly benefits me, of course,  

No comments: