Thursday, August 4, 2011

Risk. Not the Game.

Risk:  The chance of injury, damage, or loss; dangerous chance; hazard.


It has been definitively proven by someone that successful risk takers in our society share some of the attributes, the mental and emotional make-up, of alcoholics and drug addicts.  I read that somewhere so it could be true.  It's not like I saw it on The Television, though.  That's a guarantee of the accuracy of a statement, but I'm going to have to go with what I've got at this point: the written word in a reputable newspaper crediting legitimate researchers who have run rigorously honest studies.


The idea is that some of us are drawn to the thrill of living on the knife edge of experience and once we get used to being there, then we find it hard to draw back.  It seems to be in our genes.  


I hope this is true.  I like the idea that I'm behaving so erratically because I just can't help myself.

No comments: