Sunday, August 28, 2011

Horseface Steve -- Controller

Controller: A person who controls; one who governs, manages, or restrains.


I'm trying to help out my elderly parents as their health begins to worsen.  The problem is that they don't want my help, which is too bad because I always know what is best for everyone.  If my parents took all of my suggestions then their lives would be a wondrous thing to behold.  They don't seem to think so, apparently, because they're taking approximately none of my suggestions.


Personally, I never listen to anyone when they try to give me any advice.  I don't even listen to close and trusted friends who give me advice on matters that I have specifically asked for advice on.  You can imagine how it goes when I don't want the advice, or I don't like the person dispensing the advice.


More lessons in powerlessness.  

No comments: