Thursday, March 10, 2011

Horseface Steve: Galileo

It is all about me.  No doubt about it.  Everyone is thinking about me, or they should be if they're not.  I'm sure of it.  I'm Galileo.  I'm proposing that it is ME, in fact, that is the center of the universe, not a god or God or Higher Power, if you will.  Every other person, every other institution, is revolving around the light and the force and the power that is me.

In lieu of listening to what anyone else had to say at the morning meeting yesterday, I was pondering all of my woes and trials and tribulations, mostly imaginary or problems of my own making or just stuff that happens to everyone from time to time in the course of life.  I figured this was the best use of my time, the living in the problem rather than the living in the solution.  Thinking about myself is a good use of my time.  

I tuned in for a minute to hear a guy spoke who had recently been released from prison after completing a rigorous 6 month long boot camp type recover program while being locked up.  He was at a halfway house, and he had precisely one month to find a job and one additional month to begin paying his rent, or he would have to return to prison to serve the remaining year and a half left on his sentence.

Problems, indeed, Horseface.  Problems, indeed.

No comments: