Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Horseface Steve: Clothes Hound Dog

Back to the Old City where I'll be in a hotel room again.  It was nice, in its own way, being in a small space with few things around me that required my extensive management abilities.  A bed, an easy chair, a bathroom, and a microwave, and I was pretty well set.  Dinner often consisted of variations on the theme of heating up some packaged brown rice, mixing in a can of beans and a can of vegetables, and slicing up some fresh bread, with a Snickers bar for dessert.  I brought along about three days worth of clothes, which I had to wash every three days.  Surprisingly, I didn't feel at all deprived with my lack of pants selection.  Blue, khaki, black.  What other colors are there?  All those clothes I own seemed ridiculous and I'm not a clothes guy.  I don't have that many pairs of pants but I'll tell you I think they're all blue, khaki, black.  I can't even think of any other colors that men's pants can be.  Gray?  Maybe there's a gray pair in there that I've had for 20 years and were too tight around the waist 15 years ago.

I do this thing when I travel where I leave an item of clothing in each place that I lay my head.  It's my way of spreading my essence around the world, like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.

No comments: