Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thinking About Acting

Think: To form or have in the mind.

I like hearing from people who work The Steps. I like it more than actually working The Steps myself. I do not, however, mind thinking about working them. If I have to be personally involved with The Steps in some capacity thinking is the way to go. Otherwise listening to some one else who works The Steps is the next best thing.

If I'm not working The Steps I'm not doing anything, really. I'm just hanging out with some moderately pleasant people who don't drink any more. While it's an accomplishment it doesn't necessarily produce an attractive individual. There are a lot of jerks who don't drink. It's The Steps that make us cool. Working The Steps inevitably leads me to service which, I believe, is my higher calling.

And by service, I mean getting the service, not being of service.

That's for suckers.

No comments: