Saturday, June 26, 2010

Stimulation

Stimulus: A goad, sting, torment, pang, spur, incentive.

SuperK and I put our house up for sale. We are not really sure why. It's a thing to do, I guess. I'm not that hip on the process but I'm guessing that if someone buys it, then I have to move, which seems like it would be a big pain in the ass, especially since I don't have anywhere specific to go.

"Maybe we could move in with my mother for a while," I suggested.
"Where did I put my murdering ax?" she muttered.

I believe my comment the last time we moved was something along the lines of "never doing this ever again." Alcoholics love pain, I think, because then we have an excuse to blot it out or handle it or blame it on someone else.

Actually, it's exciting. It's fun to try new things. I'm not afraid of a little chaos. It's so . . . stimulating. It doesn't always work out the way I want it to but I'm almost never sorry that I gave something a whirl. All those years sitting in dark bars and dark rooms, bathed in the glow of the television box, thinking great thoughts and dreaming great dreams.

The trick for me is to be careful that I'm not planning outcomes.

No comments: