Monday, November 9, 2009

FEAR!

Fear: The general term for the anxiety and agitation felt at the presence of danger.

Today I'm going to let my Fear run wild.

I'm going to be afraid and I'm not going to discriminate against any of the many diverse types of fear that I can succumb to. I'm afraid (see how easy it is?) that some types of fear don't get proper respect. There are so many excellent and powerful kinds available to me, both real and imaginary. Personally, I like the ones that don't actually exist -- I can really get rolling when I ponder things that are very unlikely to happen, or things that are impossible for obvious reasons: attacks of flying monkeys and vampire infestation and stuff like that.

I tend to gravitate to being afraid of what may happen in the future. That's my favorite kind of fear. I love rushing ahead and suffering unimaginable pain. Nothing good ever happens to me in the futures that I imagine, so I can only assume that nothing ever will. And this is despite the fact that bad things happen to me only rarely. I'm sure the tide is turning. I feel a ground swell of Bad.


There's a lot of excellent fear to be mined in the past as well. Let's be careful not to waste this rich vein of anguish. Even though I've done my best to clean up the wreckage of my past, I'm confident that my missteps and misdeeds will come back to haunt me. The demons of my past are always stalking, stalking, relentlessly stalking, materializing out of the hazy mist of a time already gone to ruin what I have now.

Think about all of the things that could go wrong. Death! Disease! Pestilence! Famine! And that's just today!!

No comments: