"Patience is more than a virtue. It's the ultimate test in powerlessness. Patience means waiting for people, places, and things beyond our control. Patience means letting go and trusting that a Higher Power is in control." Daily Reflections Book
I am in the section of the Plain Language Big Book called "A Vision For You." I was reading this morning about the growing excitement everyone was feeling when The Fellowship was gaining some momentum and they estimated that there were a hundred people who had recovered. 100! I go to a meeting that has a hundred people who I would call regular members. Anyway, my sobriety date is August 16, 1987 which is the last day I used drugs, more or less. It was getting a little foggy at the very end so I'm not absolutely sure of the date. My last drink was on Easter Sunday of the same year and for some reason I've apparently never looked up what the exact date was. So I did that today and was flummoxed and flabbergasted that it was April 19, 1987, exactly one year to the day before SuperK took her last drink. We've been together a long time so this hitherto unknown coincidence blew us both away.
No comments:
Post a Comment