Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Third Eye Blind

Third Eye:  A mystical and esoteric concept referring to a speculative invisible eye which provides perception beyond ordinary sight.  It is the extension of what the mind knowingly perceives.  

Regrettably for me I believe that the perforation from my oral cavity to my sinus - or, as it's known in the health profession: an oral cavity to sinus perforation - has re-emerged, risen from the ashes of my improving health.  I woke up from a brief nap today to The Taste.  You know The Taste - the sensation one has when one is sick and one's sinus juices are dripping down one's throat.  It is an offensive, objectionable taste.  A taste dealt with by using toothpaste and mouthwash, a taste that one tries to purge from one's body.

This was not unimaginable - it was a possibility.  This will likely require another operation on my mouth.  This is not pleasant news to me.

"Fuck!!" I said.

Then I got into the solution business.  I put on my headphones and fired up a guided aural meditation called Third Eye Chakra Singing Bowls.  I chose this particular meditation because it had the most adjectives of all of the available meditations.  As I sat there, listening to the bowls singing from a third eye perspective, I began to calm down pretty quickly.  The worst possible news is another procedure which I will be able to hack should it come to pass.  Everything else is less traumatic.  

I mean - whadda ya gonna do?  It is what it is.

No comments: