Monday, August 10, 2015

Shock and Awe

It really does take the shock of something new to make the routine come into place, almost like being tossed in a cold pool on a hot and humid day.  That sun doesn't feel so bad after an ice-water bath.  The stress of travel, battling jet lag and culture shock, overcoming all of this, helps me break through to a better, different place.

And I can really appreciate the Type-A, hyper-driven American personality when I get somewhere else.  in the business world it made sense but I'm on fucking vacation for god's sake.  The idea is to mi a little sightseeing with a little hanging out, not to drive myself into the ground trying to absorb every last slice and sliver of everything, especially when the main tourist sites are crowded and underwhelming.

No comments: