Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Reflections

Reflection:  Careful thought or consideration.

Some revelations after some reflection . . .

After a month without a meeting - a good month, a month with no desire to drink or drug, without any egregious actions - I can say that it would be difficult to plan a vacation with such a total lack of contact with my brothers and sisters in recovery.  I simply miss it too much.  I feel like a well-balanced yacht, one with a heavy, long keel, infested with an evil crew who, each day, has been slowly moving luggage from the center rooms to the very periphery of the vessel.   Each day the mast has tilted a touch more off center.  For the first few days no one notices the slight angle and then the slight angle becomes the norm so what's a few more inches?  Now my yacht is tilting crazily off to starboard.  I'm having trouble walking the deck - I know somethings's amiss - but I'm so used to it that it doesn't seem to be a big deal.  People on the shore are taking video of this yacht that is moving along at a 45 degree angle.

No comments: