Saturday, March 22, 2014

Traveling

"He was taking a kind of strength from the journey.  There was exhilaration just in the going; motion was a principal of his life . . . and in it there were properties of healing.  IT was not that he was going toward something, to a destination, to an appointment, though indeed he was and that was all right, but what counted now was the sheer act of going, the blind conviction of purpose and meaning in the simple act of going on."  

I'm getting ready to take a big trip, a two month trip, to a place several thousand miles away, into a different culture or two.  I'm exhilarated and I'm afraid.  I wish I could sit quietly in one place for the rest of my life and I wish I could be in motion all of the time, always in motion.  I wish I could be so self-aware that everything was clear and I wish I could be bombarded with a million billion new things.

I wish I could have it all.

No comments: