Monday, March 3, 2014

Off I Go

Yonder:  In a distant, indicated place; over there.

I'm fascinated by what I learn when I'm knocking heads with an individual who has some of the same glaring character defects that I have.  I carom back and forth between outrage and sympathy, frustration and patience, understanding and confusion.  I must be a real handful .  But here's the thing, the saving grace: I'm always trying to learn.
to be around.

I hate to be told what to do because I'm so obviously right all of the time.  I'm selfish but I don't think so.  I'm stubborn and I believe I'm not.  I want to be left alone to find my own way and I don't want anyone else telling me otherwise.  I know when I'm on a roll my mind is locked down tight.  Nothing that I don't come up with all by my lonesome is going to penetrate those defences.  

I think a lot about how locked down tight drunks are when they come into The Rooms.  It's a sad thing, a mind not open to nuthin'.

Off I go, into the wild, blue yonder.

No comments: