Sunday, February 23, 2014

What Is and What Is Not

There is What Is and there is What Could Be.  One is good and one has the creep of perfidy.  I'm not even going to check the fluid level on What Is Not.  Give me a anything - give me a person, place, or thing - and I'll tell you what's missing.  I'm the Master of Holes.

I'm eternally grateful and often enraged at our slogan One Day At A Time.  Initially it kept me sober - now it keeps me sane.  It reminds me that This Is What Is - Something else is not What Is, being rather something else - and it tell me to keep my grubby hands off What Could Be.  If I so much as broach the topic of What Is Not kindly hit me with a cattle prod.

Nothing has helped me inhabit the What Is more than meditation.  Focusing on where I am, right now, the breathing, the sounds of life going on around me, is What Is incarnate.

I guess.

No comments: