Sunday, February 9, 2014

!!!!

There:   In a place or location (stated, implied or otherwise indicated) at some distance from the speaker.  

It's pretty amazing how many other "I'm not doing it right" people are out there.  It can lead to a lot of angst or discomfort, unhappiness, anxiety, whatever you want to call it.  A syndrome of not measuring up, of not lining up with the majority.  A sense that it could have been done faster, better, bigger, mucher.  

It doesn't have a lot to do with what has been done, either.  It's a failure to have a little balance, a little restraint in our expectation of what the world expects or delivers or is.

I've been thinking about a friend of mine in The Program.  This guy has been sober about 10 years.  He's hard on himself.  I think he's looking for more than life is going to be able to supply him.  I think he's looking for more happy than he's going to be able to get on a regular basis.  There are a lot of us out there like that.  This guy is much loved by the group so I know he's doing something for someone, just not all that he thinks he could be doing.

I figure that in a good week I'm really happy about 20% of the time; I'm borderline homicidal about 5%  of the time; and then there's the 75% of my life that, when I really look at it,  is no big, fucking deal.  It's frustrating for a Big Deal guy like me.  I want everything to be Amazing!  So Amazing!!  All the Time!!!

!!!!

No comments: